10GM is a joint venture to support the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in Greater Manchester. The founding members are: Action Together, Bolton CVS, Macc and Salford CVS. We are local infrastructure organisations operating strategically and collaboratively; our shared purpose is to champion local voluntary and community action and social enterprise across the city-region in order to improve the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of Greater Manchester’s people and communities.
10GM operates to cooperative principles and is established as a company limited by guarantee owned by the members. Its purposes are:
- To foster social action for the purposes of empowering communities throughout Greater Manchester and is environs;
- To strengthen local infrastructure that supports communities, charities, and similar organisations through facilitating collaborations;
- To champion local infrastructure and local communities to bodies concerned with Greater Manchester and its environs.
Contribution to GM Moving
One example of how 10GM is supporting increased physical activity in GM is through the Local Pilot.
The Greater Manchester Local Pilot aims to address the stubborn inequalities that exist in physical activity and sport in our communities.
10GM are embedded in the Local Pilot work to ensure:
- VCSE representation in the governance at Exec and locality levels
- VCSE are named partners on the locality steering groups and in a significant number of localities have direct resources to the local VCSE and have built co-design and co-production into their delivery models
- VCSE contribute to system leadership opportunities with positive engagement from VCSE and local people; leading workshops on engagement and system change from a community perspective
- Facilitated and brokered links to aid GM Moving and Sports England access to local community leadership and learning opportunities
- The VCSE voice is strong throughout the design work, for example in recent GM Moving and Local Pilot work on inequality
Find out more about 10GM here